Re: do we need INSERT?

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:18:05 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:20:38AM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I'm not inclined to give high priority just now... not
> until we've settled some basics, like the definition of "Graph match".

Yes, but that's v. different than "we can't do this".

> > Heh, in fact, "the group may include such an ability", so, in fact,
> > it's *not* outside the charter.
>
> ugh. who wrote that thing, anyway? 1/2 ;-)

I'm assuming the chair has no special interpretive authorities, right?
:>

The charter plainly says we can do update, and it also seems to
require us to at least *talk* about it, which we haven't done.

I offer no thoughts as to relative priority. Graph match is clearly
more crucial.

Kendall