Re: do we need INSERT?

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:08:49 +0100
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:41:06 -0400, Kendall Clark wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 04:32:01PM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> > > PS--I find I *really* want triple patterns to be delimited by
> > > parentheses instead of brackets in BRQL. Is that a done deal?
> >
> > Nothing is a done deal - could you explain why though?  The parser
> > implications seem to be neutral (although the constraints issue complicates
> > matters) so facts &| opinion are good.
> >
> > If it happens to be because some virtual keyboards don't have all the full
> > range of bracket symbols ... :-)
>
> Er, I typed brackets ("[" and "]"), but I meant curly-brackets. My
> preference is for plain ol' parens. Probably just an aesthetic
> preference.

I agree. I've been mulling this over for a week or so, because I didn't
want to confuse familiarity with RDQL with general preference. I find
the RDQL style () deliated triples easier to read and write on the
whole.

I think the reason is that I associate braces with program structure
blocks, rather than logical groupings.

BTW I am definatly not a lisp programmer :)