Re: Syntax modifications

From: Bob MacGregor <bmacgregor@siderean.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:00:07 +0000
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org, andy.seaborne@hp.com
I really like the direction that this new syntax is taking wrt
expressivity.  The curly braces
enable me to have nested optionals, built-ins everywhere they are
needed, and a generally
useful disjunction (OR).  This makes the language much closer to SQL in
expressivity.
Personally, I think its a mistake if DAWG specifies a query language
that is significantly
less expressive than SQL.  On that issue, I'd vote for adding an ORDER
BY (sort) clause.

On question:  If parentheses no longer enclose triple patterns, then
what does the
syntax look like for prefixing a triple with "SOURCE var"?

- Bob
--

Bob MacGregor
Chief Scientist