Re: ebXML Registry UC (Was Re: Agenda: RDF Data Access 27 Jul 2004)

Farrukh, thanks for your response to Rob - I've gotten tired of
reminding him and others that the DL methodology is only one of the
ways OWL can be used (and in practice, it's not even the most common
- most OWL out there falls in Full, not DL) - it also has the problem
it is not yet scaleable to some of the largest Lite/DL ontologies out
there, and these are precisely the ones I want to access via query
instead of "document" (since the documents can get huge and take a
long hours to download, parse  and classify).  Tools that will admit
to the reality of the world out there and help people process it will
be quite welcome
  -JH
p.s. Note, this is nothing against using DL when appropriate, as in
many of NI's business uses, but just to make it clear that DL is only
one of many ways OWL is being used, and it CANNOT be the defining
restriction for all use cases and applicability ... oops, I'm
starting to get passionate and use uppercase - I'll stop now...

--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742