RE: Proposed XQuery requirement and/or objective

As usual, Howard's analysis is entirely correct. (And I meant to use //,
not /, just as he points out.)

The idea is that 'asserted()' is in fact an external function; in the
simplest case we're assuming the RDF data is just sitting in the context
somehow, not necessarily accessible in any way other than these external
functions.