RE: Network Transfer Syntax

-------- Original Message --------
> From: Thompson, Bryan B. <>
> Date: 20 July 2004 17:35
>
> Andy,
>
> Is this just the "transfer" syntax for query expressions?  So, if we are
> doing a bookmarkable
> query, then this would be the query string?
>
> -bryan

Yes - its the serialization of the query on the wire.  To send a query from
one machine to another, it has to be serialized.

For a GET? based protocol, it would be (part of) the query string. With the
N3QL (service-oriented view) it would be the whole thing, with the RDF Web
API (model oriented), there would be a parameter with the query string.  All
hex encoded of course.  The WG may yet decide there there are protocol
parameters to be carried outside the query serialization.

	Andy