RE: Agenda: RDF Data Access 20 Jun 2004

Regrets for today.  Ongoing contractor nightmares over here.

-bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: public-rdf-dawg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rdf-dawg-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Dan Connolly
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 12:41 PM
To: RDF Data Access Working Group
Subject: Agenda: RDF Data Access 20 Jun 2004

1. Convene, take roll, review record, agenda

  RDF Data Access Working Group
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
  Tuesday 2004-07-20 14:30 UTC
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 7333 ("RDFD")
  http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_1343
  supplementary chat: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dawg
       log to appear: http://www.w3.org/2004/07/20-dawg-irc

Scribe: ?

next meeting: telcon 27 July. scribe volunteer?

I propose to continue these without discussion (unless folks make progress
between now and the telcon). I hope to see progress on them in the next
week:

ACTION EricP: find out the schedule of the 2005 W3C tech plenary and  inform
the WG so that we can plan ftf meetings after September.

ACTION SimonR: write a document discussing tradeoffs with adapting XQuery as
an RDF query language for discussion thru the September meeting in Bristol.

ACTION Jos: explain log:includes to inform the discussion of SOURCE (nee
provenance)

ACTION DanC: explain evolution of log:semantics/log:includes from
uri-is-graph to uri-is-doc in cwm, to inform discussion of SOURCE

ACTION DaveB: explain the main uses seen for redland contexts with respect
to the provenance

ACTION AndyS: explain DESCRIBE design implicit in BRQL spec.

agenda ammendments?

2. Review Carlsbad meeting record

Andy and Rob gave it an OK; I'm tidying up various
details. Would anybody like more time to look at it,
or shall we approve it this week?
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf2
  $Revision: 1.33 $ or perhaps something later

I'll give an update on...

ACTION DanC: notify Semantic Web CG of risks around the "1.5 Relationship
with XQuery" scope of our charter.

3. Web Services Directory use cases

ACTION Hendler: work with Bijan to do some sort of UDDI/Web services use
case. from 2004-06-29 telcon

ACTION Kendall: add ebXML UC.

4. Toward updated Use Cases and Requirements publication

Let's review our plan to get a new WD by ~ 1 Aug.

As I write, this still seems to be the latest available draft:
 $Revision: 1.123 $ of $Date: 2004/06/21 15:50:39 $
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/UseCases

ACTION Simon+Kendall elaborate the rel. of rules and "construct" in the UC&R
doc.

ACTION EricP: offer implementation experience (perhaps in use case form)
with premises and algae. done? annotea use case
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0247.html

ACTION: SimonR draft a reply to Chris Wilper and send draft to WG mailing
list.

ACTION KendallC, AndyS: write up a new wording of 4.2 Provenance that
focuses on data management.

ACTION SimonR: offer a replacement for 4.5 focussed on union query.

ACTION Kendall: remove 4.4 User-specifiable Serialization

ACTION RobS: help the editor find supporting use cases for disjuction. done?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0106.html

ACTION KendallC: draft revision, toward updating our public WD, delivery
~next wed. ACTION RobS: review it.

5. Test case maintenance

ACTION Jos: discuss test suite documentation and maintenance with SteveH,
EricP, AndyS, ...