Re: Objective 4.2 : Change "provenance" to "data management"

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 08:06:21PM +0100, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> The merging of RDF graphs together is often called data aggregation (c.f.
> RSS aggregators) so I used the term "aggregation graphs" to differentiate it
> from aggregate query.  This is not union query - the aggregate graph exists,
> and is not just for the purposes of a single query - but exposing the nature
> of a union (if adopted) might be a consequence.
>
> Would people whose system expose this sort of information say what their
> experiences have been?

It's a key and fundamental part of our KB. The early RDQL implementation
did not support it, though the OKBC interface did (naturally). It was
added to the RDQL implementation at users request.

It wasn't hard to implement, but I've had graph level "data management" in
since day 1 (it was a fundamental requirement), so I dont have any real
comparison.

- Steve