Introducing Enrico Franconi to the group

From: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:52:59 +0200
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Hi everybody.

I'm joining this working group, and I'd like to introduce myself.
My research interests are in Description Logics, Knowledge
Representation, Knowledge Representation and Databases, Ontologies and
Conceptual Modelling, Temporal Logics and Temporal Databases,
Multi-dimensional Data Models, Information Access and Integration,
Peer-to-Peer Database Systems, Computational Logics, Natural Language
Semantics. Currently, my main research focus is on the application of
KR technologies to databases, from both the foundational and the
application point of view. You can learn more about myself by browsing
my home page at
<http://www.inf.unibz.it/~franconi/>.
My interest on ontologies dates back to a period when the semantic web
was still a non existing buzzword :-)
My main goal in this WG is to offer my experience in the logic-based
computationally-driven approach to query-answering with ontologies.

cheers
--e.

Enrico Franconi                  - franconi@inf.unibz.it
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano - http://www.inf.unibz.it/~franconi/
Faculty of Computer Science      - Phone: (+39) 0471-016-120
I-39100 Bozen-Bolzano BZ, Italy  - Fax:   (+39) 0471-016-129