W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > July to September 2004

Minutes of RDF DAWG telecon 2004-06-29 for review (v2)

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:25:59 +0100
To: <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000301c4606a$698f85f0$0a01a8c0@atlas>

Corrections made:
+ Janne was in attendance; he can not make the next meeting.


Not part of the meeting but drawing together some related material:

+ Ongoing action:
  ACTION DanC: rephrase 3.8 (Bookmarkable Queries) with reference to
protocol

+ Regrets for July 6: Alberto Reggiori

	Andy

------

Minutes of RDF DAWG telecon 2004-06-29 for review

RDF Data Access WG telcon
2004-04-29 14:30 UTC

Agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0779
Raw list of actions: http://www.w3.org/2004/06/29-dawg-irc#T15-40-24

IRC:
http://www.w3.org/2004/06/29-dawg-irc


1. Convene, take roll, review record, agenda

Attendees:
Yoshio Fukushige, Kendall Clark, Kevin Wilkinson,
Eric Prud'Hommeau, Rob Shearer, Andy Seaborne,
Simon Raboczi, Howard Katz, Tom Adams, Alberto Reggiori,
Dave Beckett, Jos De Roo, Farrukh Najmi, Steve Harris,
Jim Hendler, Dan Connolly, Janne Saarela

Regrets: <none>

Regrets for next week: Steve Harris, Janne Saarela

Scribe: Andy Seaborne
Scribe next time: Simon Raboczi

Minutes from RDF DAWG telcon 2004-06-22
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0718
ACCEPTED as the record of our previous meeting, 22 June.


2. ftf update

Agenda is in progress.

ACTION: EricP, check with Rob/Network Inference if 2 hours 
teleconference facility can be organized on both days at 11am-1pm PST.

This action ongoing: it looks as if we will have the teleconference but this
has not been confirmed.


3. Requirement: 3.6 Optional Match

Background references:

Introduction to Database Systems
Chapter 19, Missing Information
C.J. Date
ISBN: 0-321-19784-4
http://www.aw-bc.com/catalog/academic/product/0,4096,0321197844,00.html 

Querying Semi-Structured Data (1997)
Serge Abiteboul http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/abiteboul97querying.html 

"3.6 Optional Match"
It must be possible to express a query that does not fail when some
specified part of the query fails to match. Any such triples matched by this
optional part, or variable bindings caused by this optional part, can be
returned in the results, if requested."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/UseCases#r3.6

Discussion on whether this should be a *requirment* in the UC&R document.
RobS suggested it should be a Design Objective but did not convince the rest
of the working group.

ACTION: JimH, to work with Bijan to do some sort of UDDI/Web services use
case
ACTION: Farrukh, write up ebXML registry UC
ACTION: SimonR, advocate "3.6 Optional Match" in an eMail message


4. Streaming requirement

"3.12 Streaming Results
It must be possible, when returning multiple unordered results, for the
client to request that results be streamed. When the client requests
streaming results, all the data in one result must be available to the
client before all the data for the next result."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/UseCases#r3.12

APPROVED: "3.12 Streaming Results" 
Abstention: Rob Shearer


5. Testing

The test case document has been updated.
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~swh/TestSketchCases/

The chair asked Steve Harris to catch test cases as they came up in the
email discussion.  At some time, the document should move into W3C CVS web
space.


6. Design Evaluations and Poll

Dave Beckett has reviewed Algae2
Howard Katz has published XsRQL, an Xquery-style RDF query language.

ACTION: HowardK, Send own match of XqRQL to DAWG requirements
ACTION: AndyS, Write evaluation of XsRQL by 6 July.

Design evaluations summary:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/DesignEvaluations

ACTION: Kendall, Change link text to be something other than raw URLs.

Note the ongoing strawpoll in preparation of the July F2F so that there are
no unnecessary surprises for people at the meeting:

  Poll: RDF Data Access WG: initial design
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/initdn/

Poll due to close (currently) on 5 July.

ACTION: DanC, split vote into query and protcool sections.
ACTION: DanC, remove "Asemantics variant of RDQL", changing RDQL to be one
proposal.


AOB:

Jim Handler asked about the process for managing comments to
public-rdf-dawg-comments.  Currently, it is the editors responsibility to
forward interesting emails to the working group mailing list.  Jim Handler
wondered if this was being responsive in showing we are listening.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/

Meeting closed: 15:29 UTC.
Received on Friday, 2 July 2004 15:26:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:20 GMT