RE: Use case: AFS-2:

Dirk,

The characteristic to me of this class of request is that the client is not
asking for a set of specifically described values but instead is asking a
looser sense of "please tell me about ..."  The client does not know what
exactly will be returned and is not being prescriptive.

So for a book, the reply might contain title, ISBN, author name.  If a
description of a book has more info than that, it would be included.  But
there isn't a sense of for any book, there is a minimum set of for
information that will be there.

> I'm a bit concerned about the word 'all'.

It isn't a good choice of wording - I didn't mean to imply arbitrary linkage
of information.  In particular, I was not thinking of things that refer to
the patient (statements with that as object), just statements where the
patient is the subject - sort of like asking for the record for the patient
where the "record" is decided by the server, not fixed by the client and is
like getting back a web document (c.f. cwm's log:semantics)

The two step approach of "what can you tell me about ...." followed by a
tell me about, from the perspective of ..." is OK.. It could be combined
into one request in some situations into "tell me about <X>, I know about
vocab1, vocab2, ....".

Example: get the details about Bristol airport:
Bristol airport has URI http://www.megginson.com/exp/id/airports/EGGD

This request does a "fetch" (my experimental version of this style of
request) on the http://jena.hpl.hp.com:2020/airports data source.

(long URL alert)
http://jena.hpl.hp.com:2020/airports?lang=fetch&r=http://www.megginson.com/e
xp/id/airports/EGGD

which returns:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:apt="http://www.megginson.com/exp/ns/airports#"
         xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
  <apt:Airport rdf:about="http://www.megginson.com/exp/id/airports/EGGD">
    <apt:longitude>002-43W</apt:longitude>
    <apt:icao>EGGD</apt:icao>
    <apt:latitude>51-23N</apt:latitude>
    <apt:name>Bristol / Lulsgate , United Kingdom</apt:name>
  </apt:Airport>
</rdf:RDF>

and my client didn't have to know about apt:longitude etc.  In processing
the results,  it is free to ignore information it does not understand. Here,
there is only one vocabulary - in a larger example, their might also be
other vocabularies used.

	Andy