RE: Use Case: "Tell me about this user"

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:27:54 -0000
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Patrick,

I agree with you that there is a useage model that is around some kind of
"get RDF about ..." operation - we have not convinced everyone of this.  The
important point is that the result is an RDF graph and part of the knowledge
base, and that this is different from a result set (whether encoded in RDF
or not).

One of the requests I received in yesterday's telecon for the use case "Find
the email address of "John Smith"[1] was for detailed explaination of what
the results are used for.

It could help me to understand "description" better if you could show how
the software used the RDF.

	Andy

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JanMar/0187.html