Re: PS-15: Regular Expression Comparison of URIs

On Mar 23, 2004, at 06:41, ext Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> While the content selection/site description communities may not need
> all of regular expressions, historically, they have made use of
> substrings ala $uri =~ m/http:\/\/playboy\.com\/pictures.*/

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the significance of this comment. Are
you saying regular expression comparison is a bad thing because some
folks might do bad things with it? Or are you saying it's a good thing
because it allows folks to do things they already do and find useful?

Patrick

--

Patrick Stickler
Nokia, Finland