Re: thoughts and some refs about AFS-2 UC

On Mar 19, 2004, at 16:37, ext Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> [...]

I also have considered this to be ultimately out of scope, even if
borderline.

> I think that is huge benefit in a "simple" rec that helps toolkit
> builderd provide the same capabilities (they can confidently invest
> time in
> building a quality implementation); it helps application writers be
> able to
> access different sources without needing to adapt their applications
> to the
> details of a particular source, and it helps end users by allowing
> them to
> use their apps with many data sources.

It will be good, though, to keep this in mind so that whatever we
come up with "anticipates" such applications and facilitates extending
tools/systems applying the DAWG recommendations without major angst.

Not that we should put any significant time towards this, though.

I guess we could have a classification of issues/use cases which are
out of scope but "near by" and hence not be completely
ignored/dismissed.

Inference/reasoning capabilities of knowledge stores seems like another
such "near by" issue, where we may not address it normatively, but we
may need to provide some discussion and possibly some non-normative
guidance.

Patrick

--

Patrick Stickler