Re: thoughts and some refs about AFS-2 UC

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:54:53 -0600
To: Alberto Reggiori <alberto@asemantics.com>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Thanks for carrying the ball forward on this topic and
for the timely follow-up on your action item.

But please consider the subject of this message
from the perspective of somebody joining
the WG 6 months from now and scanning the archive.

It's totally opaque.

Reading the rest of the message, I struggle to
find anything other than technical jargon
to use as a topic for this discussion.
"information discovery", "optional  properties",
"Joseki RDF Net API/protocol", URIQA, MGET,
"TAP GetData" ...

The references to the implementation experience
are very helpful, but
can you relate these technical terms to
some business sectors, like publishing/syndication,
multimedia asset management or the like?
even something really broad like enterprise integration
would be help.

Going back to the message of Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:15:17 -0000
that started this thread, I see that the use case
involved somebody doing journalistic research...
"gathering information about
http://www.w3.org/ because they are writing a news article about W3C's
look web site as an example of excellent web design"

Can we get the discussion to include more of that sort thing, please?

I'm sorry if I sound like some sort of marketing person, but, well,
marketing is a big part of getting a technology deployed.

see you at the WWW2004 in NY 17-22 May?