Introduction: Jean-François Baget, INRIA

From: Jean-François Baget <jean-francois.baget@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:15:36 +0100
To: <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Since 2002, I am a member of the EXMO project (INRIA Rhône-Alpes), led
by Jérôme Euzenat. There I participated in the WebOnt working group, as
an alternate member for Jérôme. During that time, I was also interested
in the RDF development, since I strongly related this language to my
previous field of interest, Conceptual Graphs (see the bibliography
submitted to RDF Interest Group about this subject
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Mar/0007.html).
My PhD thesis was held in 2001 in Montpellier, its subject was
algorithms for computing entailment in the CG formalism (and some of its
extensions, such as rules).

So I am deeply interested in points 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 of the working
group charter.

(1.6) The query language must be extendable to a query language with
rules (whatever they may be)

(1.7) Expressivity, computational complexity and possible optimizations
for the query language (the usual theoretical questions)

(1.8) What I call the “RDF Web Inference Problem”: is a RDF graph
entailed by the merge of all RDF graphs available on the Web (the new
practical problem)

Nice work in perspective!

Greetings,

Jean-François Baget