Introduction: Jean-François Baget, INRIA

From: Jean-François Baget <jean-francois.baget@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:15:36 +0100
To: <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Since 2002, I am a member of the EXMO project (INRIA Rhône-Alpes), led
by Jérôme Euzenat. There I participated in the WebOnt working group, as
an alternate member for Jérôme. During that time, I was also interested
in the RDF development, since I strongly related this language to my
previous field of interest, Conceptual Graphs (see the bibliography
submitted to RDF Interest Group about this subject
My PhD thesis was held in 2001 in Montpellier, its subject was
algorithms for computing entailment in the CG formalism (and some of its
extensions, such as rules).

So I am deeply interested in points 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 of the working
group charter.

(1.6) The query language must be extendable to a query language with
rules (whatever they may be)

(1.7) Expressivity, computational complexity and possible optimizations
for the query language (the usual theoretical questions)

(1.8) What I call the “RDF Web Inference Problem”: is a RDF graph
entailed by the merge of all RDF graphs available on the Web (the new
practical problem)

Nice work in perspective!

Jean-François Baget

INRIA Rhône-Alpes