RE: ACTION: elaborate on 4.4

From: Rob Shearer <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:01:36 -0700
To: "Jim Hendler" <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, "RDF Data Access Working Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

> OK, let me put this in my words -- you don't disapprove of the
> intermingling per se, you disapprove of this WG doing a protocol.
> In particular, you write:

I feel that any query language will be used with a great many different
protocols in the short term, from simple HTTP GET to SOAP to local
pure-API approaches. It would be very bizarre to have artifacts of one
particular protocol in the query language.

If the WG wishes to define a network protocol, then I guess that's fine.
But we should be under no delusions that everybody will actually want to
use it, and I do think it's quite silly to bind the process of defining
a query language to that independent process.