RE: ACTION: elaborate on 4.4

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> justify this WG getting involved.  Some of the issues are more bound to
> registering MIME types and the time/work that takes.

Which is not that much at all.

> If we can find a way to have an extensible "Accept:"-like scheme that used

Non registered payloads can use the 'x-' conventions.

> URIs then that presumably would meet your need for the design goal?

That, or using a RDF-Accept: would be frowned upon by just about every
protocol chair. If you want to get away from everything that is broken or
historically messy in HTTP - then do not use it :-) Switch to something
like BEEP :-)

Dw