RE: ACTION: elaborate on 4.4

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:14:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Cc: "'kendall@monkeyfist.com'" <kendall@monkeyfist.com>, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> justify this WG getting involved.  Some of the issues are more bound to
> registering MIME types and the time/work that takes.

Which is not that much at all.

> If we can find a way to have an extensible "Accept:"-like scheme that used

Non registered payloads can use the 'x-' conventions.

> URIs then that presumably would meet your need for the design goal?

That, or using a RDF-Accept: would be frowned upon by just about every
protocol chair. If you want to get away from everything that is broken or
historically messy in HTTP - then do not use it :-) Switch to something
like BEEP :-)

Dw