RE: ACTION: elaborate on 4.4

From: Thompson, Bryan B. <BRYAN.B.THOMPSON@saic.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:39:44 -0400
To: kendall@monkeyfist.com, "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

IANA registration is not that hard.  And you can use "x-my-scheme" until you
get there.  I can't see any reason to undermine the internet mime type
registry for identifying an interchange notation.  For example, you could
place the mime types into a namespace owned by IANA and do whatever escaping
that was required so that the result was a valid URI.  The purpose of IANA
is to control the introduction of Internet Names, and I think that we need
to respect this.

-bryan