RDQL + DAWG = BRQL

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:48:37 +0100
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Steve, Dave and I were involved in a general semantic web meeting last week
in Bristol.  We covered a range of things from storage systems to OWL
subsets.

Out of those discussions, we came up with an outline design that extends
RDQL to meet the DAWG requirements for a query langauge. It does not cover
protocol issues.

    http://jena.hpl.hp.com/~afs/BRQL.html

Features:

+ SELECT DISTINCT; SELECT LIMIT
+ New result form: DESCRIBE
+ New result form: CONSTRUCT
+ Triple source identification (sometimes known as "quads")
+ Optional triple matching
+ Non-existent triple testing
+ Filter functions on values

The link above describes these in more detail.  It isn't a finished design;
most of the features have been implemented somewhere before.

	Dave, Steve, Andy