Re: Conference call protocols question

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:58:56 -0500
To: Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 09:53, Farrukh Najmi wrote:
> Newbie question....
>
> There seems to be a protocol for getting into the speaker queue during
> con calls. How does one do that.

The low-tech way is to just say your name:

	Farrukh says "Farrukh here--" and pauses.
	DanC as chair says "Farrukh, go ahead"
	and then Farrukh has the floor.

But as you've noticed, we've automated that to some extent...

> Please feel free to refer me to relevant docs on the subject. Thanks.

You may have noticed a pointer in the agenda to
http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_1343

if you follow that, and then go up the page, there's a link to
  "More Zakim user instructions"
  http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim

see you at the WWW2004 in NY 15-21 May?