Re: requirement: multigraph query

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 09:52:07PM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> The first "aggregated query" case seems particularly a local API issue. Have
> I missed something in thinking that there is no advantage to be gained by
> knowing a query is the union of multiple query results?

I'm a cell phone. I want to look at the RSS 1.0 feeds of all the
people in my FOAF file in order to construct a list of email
addresses. I want to submit one query to my DAWG service and get back
a list of email addresses (in some format... unspecified here). I want
to submit *one* query because my service is often unreliable and
always expensive.

So, instead of requesting one query n times, I want to request
one. Something like:

SELECT...
WHERE...
USING...
IN
   http://foo/foaf.rdf
   http://bar/foaf.rdf
   http://blaz/foaf.rdf

That's what I called aggregated query; but note that it doesn't
require the multiple graphs to be remote. I think there are other use
cases where they are local.

> 	Andy "who sees the requirements list growing rather long"

We've approved, at last count, two. That seems pretty short.

Best,
Kendall Clark