Re: Supplemental XQuery reading list

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 10:08:15AM -0700, Howard Katz wrote:

> Jonathan's is the XQuery with Functional Accessor stuff? I saw the
> presentation but couldn't find anything else online.

That mostly came from Jerome Simeone, but at a BOF at XML2003,
Jonathan said that XQueryFA was in the spirit of his conclusions
in his paper The Syntactic Web [4].

> On a different but related topic, since we don't have time allocated for it
> on the agenda, would anyone be interested in a BOF for a freeform discussion
> on XQuery/RDF on the Thursday evening say (after a nice day of getting to
> know one and other and a pleasant dinner)? Personally, I generally get more
> questions answered in one hour of face-to-face than in two or three weeks of
> email and/or blindly stumbling around the web.

Though it will be before the lightening talks, I can imagine it being
fruitful. I'm game.

[4] http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xml2001/papers/html/03-01-04.html
--
-eric

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
                        JAPAN
cell:   +1.857.222.5741 (does not work in Asia)

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.