Re: logistics for Amsterdam

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 16:32, Howard Katz wrote:
> To ask what is probably obvious: we'll be able to project off our laptops
> for our lightning presentations next week?

Yes.

"Beamer: yes, up to XVGA; VGA style connector only."
 -- http://dawg.asemantics.com/
  <- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf1

> Corollary follow-up to the first question (again probably obvious): No
> particular presentation format preferred?

Actually, yes. Your presentation materials will become part of the
meeting record, and we like our meeting records to be accessible.

The guidelines for email attachments are pretty relevant:

"avoid formats that are virus prone, proprietary or platform dependent.
For example, whenever possible you should use HTML instead of MS Word,
PowerPoint or PDF.  (Ideally, use XHTML or HTML4.)
If you must use a proprietary or platform-dependent format, please also
include an alternate version in  a universally readable format, such as
HTML or plain text, if possible. If you cannot, then at least include a
format that has widely available free viewers, if possible."
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/email_attachment_formats.html

I realize many presenters are most comfortable with powerpoint.
If you use powerpoint, please give us the powerpoint sources
plus a PDF export plus some sort of text dump (rtf?).

An easy way to submit them to the record is to mail
them to www-archive@w3.org as attachments. I've heard
a few requests for presentation materials to be available
a couple days ahead of time. I may or may not let you
present at all if you haven't archived your materials.
I certainly won't let you leave the meeting without
giving me (and EricP) a copy.

> Thanks,
> Howard
see you at the WWW2004 in NY 17-22 May?