Re: Requirement: queries written as RDF

On Apr 08, 2004, at 17:14, ext Howard Katz wrote:

>>> (2) If queries are represented in XML they can be treated as data
>>> and you can run XQueries over a collection of XQueries.
>>
>> That's interesting. A Query expressed in RDF could be treated as RDF.
>> It
>> would be easy to do queries about queries. That's an argument for
>> using RDF
>> (or a subset, or a convertible format).
>>
>> All we have to do know is find a use case justifying this
>> requirement... :-)
>
> It does sound wonderful, doesn't it? I too would like to know what you
> would
> want to query in a query. Examples anyone ... ?

If one kept a record of submitted queries in a special knowledge
base, one could submit queries against that knowledge base to
generate various statistics about queries having particular
characteristics; e.g.

* terms from particular vocabularies
* use of typed literals
* use of language qualified literals
* 'select' versus description results
etc.

Each statistic target would be defined by a query, and the
number of target queries matched would provide the score.

That's just one example.

Patrick

--

Patrick Stickler