Charter item 1.5 motivation

From: Howard Katz <howardk@fatdog.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 07:22:54 -0700
To: "RDF Data Access Working Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

We have a telecon coming up shortly so possibly this can get discussed
there, but I'd like to understand the motivation behind Charter item 1.5
Relationship with XQuery:

"The working group should specify at least one mechanism for exposing RDF
query facilities in an XQuery environment; that is, a way to take a piece of
RDF Query abstract syntax and map it into a piece of XML Query using some
form of extension to XQuery."

It's not clear to me what the intention of this is or why it's considered a
good thing.

Howard