possible mistake in document http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/

From: Gautam Dilip Banhatti <g_banh02@uni-muenster.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:05:26 +0100 (CET)
To: <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>
Hi!
I hope I'm reaching the right people with this email-adress!
If not, kindly forward this mail to the appropriate adress.

I am currently studying this documentation to learn the SPARQL querying
language, and I think I found an error in the Documentation at
http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/:
In section "9.2 Examples", under the heading "Inverse Path Sequence", it is
stated that the code

{
    ?x foaf:knows/^foaf:knows ?y .
    FILTER(?x != ?y)
  }

is equivalent to

{
    ?x foaf:knows ?gen1 .
    ?gen1 foaf:knows ?y .
    FILTER(?x != ?y)
  }

I assume the second line in the second code snippet should be
"?y foaf:knows ?gen1." instead of "?gen1 foaf:knows ?y."

If I am mistaken, please excuse this email.

Best regards,
Gautam