Re: Test without data?

On 23/10/12 08:09, Jan Wielemaker wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> On 10/22/2012 10:35 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>

>> On 22/10/12 14:41, Jan Wielemaker wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm looking into the SPARQL 1.1 test "constructwhere04 - CONSTRUCT
>>> WHERE". This refers to data from <data.ttl>, but the manifest does not
>>> tell us to load that file. Am I missing something (so far I always had)?
>>>
>>>      Thanks --- Jan
>>>

>> The query itself has a FROM clause:
>
> Yes, I've seen that. However, I consider FROM to be the name of a graph,
> not an instruction to load a graph from a URI. We have the update part
> for that. Most other tests involving FROM or USING seem to load the
> graph explicitly using a data statement in the test manifest. Could we
> have that here too?

To quote SPARQL 1.0:

[[
Each FROM clause contains an IRI that indicates a graph to be used to
form the default graph.
]]

that might mean load - sometime systems do other things - but it means
that the graph is placed into the dataset to be queried.  Load is a
common way of doing that.  It's not naming the graph; GRAPH is used to
name and access the data.

 Andy