RE: Default and named datasets in federated queries

From: Carlos Buil Aranda <cbuilaranda@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:42:35 -0300
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org, Peter Waher <Peter.Waher@clayster.com>
Dear Peter,
The Working Group has considered your comments about allowing FROM
and FROM NAMED clauses after the SERVICE clause but we've opted for the
current design for simplicity and due to a lack of implementation experience.
Along these lines, the group will investigate more about how datasets
will/can interact with the new federated query form as the community gets
more implementation experience. Based on this, a future SPARQL-WG will be
able to consider your comments in more depth. Unfortuantely, the Working
Group has very tight deadlines and there is not much time left to design and
implement substantive changes to the specification now.
We would be grateful if you would acknowledge that your comment has
been answered by sending a reply to this mailing list.
Carlos, on behalf of the SPARQL WG