SPARQL 1.1 CSV result tests comment

From: Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:31:30 -0700
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org
Looking at tests:
  csv-tsv-res/manifest#csv01
  csv-tsv-res/manifest#csv02
  csv-tsv-res/manifest#csv03

Test #csv03 seems to be a comparison of syntaxes, not a result set comparison.

To pass regular query tests you generally check two result sets match:
    1. query(query file, query data))
    2. result-set(result-file, result-format)

To pass this one you have to mostly compare bytes sequences (syntaxes):
    1. format(query(query file, query data), result-format)
    2. result-file
but not quite, the blank node ids don't match

The result set comparisons in #csv03 fails because datatypes are lost.

csv01 and csv02 could be seen as a plain literal / xsd:string issue and
I think the RDF WG changed the rules on that, so I might be catching up.

So I'd ask that csv03 is adjusted to pass using the regular result set
comparisons unless the syntax detail is important.  If that's the case then
please adjust the manifest to record that that the test is not a result-set
comparison.

I was pointed at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Feb/0025.html
but didn't see a public reply