Serializing datetime

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:21:06 -0400
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>
I have also noticed that it is a hassle trying to compare datetime
values from two different SPARQL servers, because the same datetime may
be written with different timezone offsets.  This is less vexing than
xsd:decimal serializations, because at least timezone offsets are
information preserving, but still it makes comparisons more difficult
than they otherwise need to be.

I think the WG should consider defining a default datetime format (such
as UTC or zero timezone offset) that SHOULD be use, while allowing
servers to make this a configurable option.

I assume it is too late in the WG process to consider this for SPARQL
1.1, so please add this to the wish list for the next version.

David Booth, Ph.D.

reflect those of his employer.