Serializing datetime

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:21:06 -0400
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>
I have also noticed that it is a hassle trying to compare datetime
values from two different SPARQL servers, because the same datetime may
be written with different timezone offsets.  This is less vexing than
xsd:decimal serializations, because at least timezone offsets are
information preserving, but still it makes comparisons more difficult
than they otherwise need to be.

I think the WG should consider defining a default datetime format (such
as UTC or zero timezone offset) that SHOULD be use, while allowing
servers to make this a configurable option.

I assume it is too late in the WG process to consider this for SPARQL
1.1, so please add this to the wish list for the next version.

Thanks!

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/