Please allow percent encoding in local part of prefixed name

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:19:35 -0500
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org
Section 19 asks for feedback on at-risk features:
http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#grammar

I strongly support allowing percent encodings in the local part of a
prefixed name:

    Allow the character, "%", follwed by two hex digits,
    in the local part of prefixed names.

This would solve the problem that motivated my earlier request for an
ENCODE_FOR_LOCAL_NAME function:
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Future_Work_Items
The need for percent encoding in a local name shows up frequently when
SPARQL Update operations dynamically create new URIs.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/

reflect those of his employer.