Re: SPARQL 1.1 Service Description -- Need n3 or RDF/XML

On Sat, 2011-10-08 at 21:05 -0400, Gregory Williams wrote:
> On Aug 25, 2011, at 12:17 PM, David Booth wrote:
>
> > Sorry for this late comment, but I just set out to make use of the
> > SPARQL 1.1 Service Description vocabulary, and I realized that I do not
> > see a machine processable version (n3 or RDF/XML) in the specification.
> > Is there one that I missed?  If not, please provide either a normative
> > or non-normative version with the specification.  The spec defines a
> > formal vocabulary; it would be most unfortunate if an n3 or RDF/XML
> > version were not included.
>
> David,
>
> The RDF version of the service description vocabulary is available by
> dereferencing the service description namespace URI:
> http://www.w3.org/ns/sparql-service-description# with content
> negotiation providing both Turtle and RDF/XML representations.

Excellent.  I would suggest linking them from the beginning of section
3, so that readers will be apprised of them, such as:
[[
3.1 Namespace and OWL Ontology for the SPARQL Service Description
Vocabulary
The SPARQL service description namespace IRI is:

http://www.w3.org/ns/sparql-service-description#

The prefix used in this document for this namespace is sd.

OWL ontologies for the SPARQL Service Description Vocabulary are
available in two RDF formats through dereferencing the namespace IRI:

  - Turtle http://www.w3.org/ns/sparql-service-description.ttl
  - RDF/XML http://www.w3.org/ns/sparql-service-description.rdf
]]

It would also be good to note their normative / non-normative status.

Also, I notice that the Turtle contains FOAF entries for you and Ivan:
[[
<http://kasei.us/about/foaf.xrdf#greg> a foaf:Person ;
     rdfs:seeAlso <http://kasei.us/about/foaf.xrdf>,
<http://www.cs.rpi.edu/%7Ewillig4/> ;
     foaf:name "Gregory Todd Williams" ;
     foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://tw.rpi.edu> .

<http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf#me> a foaf:Person ;
     rdfs:seeAlso <http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf> ;
     foaf:mbox <mailto:ivan@w3.org> ;
     foaf:name "Ivan Herman" ;
     foaf:title "Semantic Web Activity Lead" ;
     foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://www.w3.org> .
]]
I assume that was accidental.

Thanks!