Re: Comments on "SPARQL 1.1 Uniform HTTP Protocol for Managing RDF Graphs"

From: Bob Ferris <zazi@elbklang.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:36:25 +0100
To: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjekje@ifi.uio.no>
CC: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi Kjetil,

let's answer your last statement first ;)

Am 18.03.2011 13:43, schrieb Kjetil Kjernsmo:

 > Now, I've possibly exposed myself as totally confused about core
Semantic Web
 > concepts, but I do so with the confidence that I'm not a n00b, and if I'm
 > confused, I'm probably not alone, and the issue should be properly
explained
 > to the community.

Yes, this issue also confused me very much. I investigated to much time
during the last months to get a better understanding of it. Thereby, I
touched a broad range of sciences, e.g., Philosophy, and technology
concepts, e.g., REST.

> So, the key issue and the root of my confusion is the question: "What does the
> URI of a information resource consisting of some RDF triples identify?" The
> question isn't admittedly not very precise, for a reason that will be
> apparent soon.

I published the result of my findings (and thoughts) in a blog post
about "Resources, Information Resources and Documents" [1]. Maybe, it
can also help you to get a better understanding of what an information
resource can be about.
A main "lesson learned" was for me at least, that an information
resource can primarily be an abstract description only. However, every
thing that we can perceive is a concrete description of it, which is,
furthermore, somehow serialized as a representation (or Document).

Cheers,

Bob

[1]
http://infoserviceonto.smiy.org/2010/11/25/on-resources-information-resources-and-documents/