Re: Make clear that SPARQL prefixed names are not CURIEs

Andy,

(re-sending to SPARQL Comments list – hope it gets sorted in the right place)

On 8 Dec 2011, at 09:31, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> The text in 4.1.1 has been updated to reflect this current design.
>
>  """
>  Note that SPARQL local names allow leading digits while XML local
>  names do not.  SPARQL local names also allow the non-alphanumeric
>  characters allowed in IRIs via character escapes (e.g. ns:id\=123).
>  SPARQL local names have more syntactic restrictions than CURIEs.
>  """

Very good!

A small editorial suggestion: replace “character escapes” with “backslash character escapes”. Just the example “ns:id\=123” may not get the point across as perhaps not every reader knows that backslashes are usually not allowed in IRIs.

> We would be grateful if you would acknowledge that your comments have been answered by sending a reply to this mailing list.

This response addresses my comment to my satisfaction. Thank you very much!

Richard