Re: SPARQL 1.1 Protocol: Format of fault messages

On 1 Oct 2010, at 21:26, Ian Davis wrote:
>> Reliable communication of error conditions to protocol clients is
>> in scope of any protocol.
>>
> That is not what I am saying. What the client does with an error is
> out of scope

What the client does is the client's business. But when server
implementors are encouraged to withhold critical information that many
clients happen to need, then something is broken in the protocol.

> and i am suggesting that overconstraining output formats
> is not desireable.

You say that the only possible options are “deliberately
underconstraining” and “overconstraining”?

Richard