Re: Feedback on SPARQL 1.1 support for aggregates (was Re: W3C Seeks Feedback on Early Draft of SPARQL 1.1)

More questions on your example queries

SELECT ?name ?surname ?book ?numberOfBooks (AVG(?numberOfBooks) AS
?averageNumberOfBooks)
WHERE {
?auth :hasSurname ?surname .
?auth :hasName ?name .
{
     SELECT ?auth (COUNT(?book) AS ?numberOfBooks)
     WHERE {
             ?auth :wrote ?book .
}
     GROUP BY ?auth
    HAVING (?numberOfBooks > 5)
}

Do you mean here to return the same average number of books for all of the authors having more than 5 books, that means repeat the average for
every name/surname? Also, it is not clear to me what the ?book variable in the projection shall mean to return (it is not in scope here)

I.e., if you don't mind, could you provide a small dataset and expected result? that would also help us with our testcases :-) )

Next,

SELECT ?name ?surname ?book ?numberOfBooks
WHERE {
   ?auth :hasSurname ?surname .
   ?auth :hasName ?name .
   {
    SELECT ?affiliation (SUM(?numberOfBooks) as ?affiliationBooks)
    WHERE {
     ?auth :affiliated ?organization .
     {
      SELECT ?auth (COUNT(?book) AS ?numberOfBooks)
      WHERE {
       ?auth :wrote ?book .
      }
      GROUP BY ?auth
     HAVING (?numberOfBooks > 5)
    }
    GROUP BY ?organization
   HAVING (?affiliationBooks > 50)
   }

mentions variable ?affiliation which is unbound, I assume you mean ?organisation here.
similar to above, it is not clear to me how the solution set should look like here.
What is the indented result especially for a dataset where one author is affiliated
with several organisations?

thanks,
Axel