Re: Another attempt...

From: Richard Newman <rnewman@twinql.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:59:14 -0700
Cc: andy.seaborne@hp.com, "Lee Feigenbaum" <lee@thefigtrees.net>, "Arjohn Kampman" <arjohn.kampman@aduna-software.com>, "public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org" <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>
To: "Andrew Newman" <andrewfnewman@gmail.com>

> Okay, so here's an test case that currently ends with an
> OutOfMemoryException in SPARQLer and Twinkle:
> SELECT ?x
> WHERE {
>  {} UNION
>        {
>           {} UNION {}
>        }
>      }
>
> I'm not sure why it's happening - but it's obviously being evaluated
> different to my previous example (without the extra level of curly
> braces) and it should be trivial to work out.

In twinql (either AllegroGraph 2.2.5 or the unreleased 3.0) this
produces three empty results:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<sparql xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results#">
   <head>
   </head>
   <results>
     <result>
     </result>
     <result>
     </result>
     <result>
     </result>
   </results>
</sparql>

Sounds like a bug in someone's software.