SPARQL and Subqueries

From: Orri Erling <erling@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:07:31 +0100
To: <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>

Colleagues

For a second iteration of SPARQL, we propose aggregation and subqueries.

There is a blog post at

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/blog/

where I present a sample of an extension for subqueries and aggregates.

There is also a syntax sugar for abbreviating chains of joins.

Aside these, there is the issue of discovery and description.  We will
implement a little database statistics  graph for distributed query
optimization and data discovery. More on this later.

Regards

Orri