from named and graph pattern

From: Olivier Corby <Olivier.Corby@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:05:45 +0200
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

I have a question regarding from named and graph pattern. What happens
when the graph pattern first argument is an URI that does not belong to
the from named list (here, URI3) :

FROM NAMED URI1
FROM NAMED URI2
select * where {
    graph ?src { PAT }
    graph URI3 { PAT }
}

My question is : does the graph URI3 pattern fail ? I think that it is
not easy to answer this question.

The paragraph below seems to say that it should fail because D[IRI] is
not  in D ? Is it what we want ?

12.5 Evaluation Semantics

Definition: Evaluation of a Graph Pattern

eval(D(G), Graph(IRI,P)) = eval(D(D[IRI]), P)

Best regards,

Olivier Corby