various problems with sparql test files and zip/tar.gz archives

From: Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman@aduna-software.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:06:38 +0200
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Dear working group,

I'm running into a number of issues with the sparql test files that I
would like to notify you about. These issues may prevent people from
using the test set properly. I have fixed the issues in my own copy of
the test set, but I very much prefer them to be fixed in the original at
w3c.org.

* i18n/normalization-01.ttl is not a valid Turtle file. The file uses
   syntax such as the following:

   [ :pred1 :obj1 ;
     :pred2 :obj2 ] .

   This is not valid according the current Turtle grammar. To fix this,
   the following notation should be used:

   [] :pred1 :obj1 ;
      :pred2 :obj2 .

* dataset/dataset-11.ttl and dataset/dataset-12.ttl also are not valid
   Turtle files. The [] notation is used to represent a blank node, but
   there are whitespace character between the brackets. Turtle requires
   that the opening bracket is directly followed by the closing bracket.
   To fix the syntax, replace:

   rs:binding    [ rs:value      [
                                 ] ;

   with

   rs:binding    [ rs:value      [] ;

* The contents of the zip and tar.gz archives are different from what is
   available online. The archives appear to have been build from an older
   checkout of the tests/r2 directory. The files manifest-evaluation.ttl,
   i18n/manifest.ttl and i18n/kanji.ttl differ from their online
   versions.

Regards,

Arjohn

--
Arjohn Kampman, Senior Software Engineer
Aduna - Guided Exploration