Re: Querying all tests in DAWG manifest via Sparql

Christian Weiske wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I am writing the code that allows us to use the DAWG testcases in RAP,
> the RDF API for PHP (http://rdfapi-php.sf.net).
>
> To keep things as dynamic as possible I extract the test case
> information from the manifest files. To achieve this, I load the N3
> data and run a SPARQL query on the data set.
>
> Unfortunately for me the tests are listed in a collection:
> ... mf:entries
>     (
>       <#construct-1>
>       <#construct-2>
>     )
> which gets expanded to something like:
> .. mf:entries
>   [ rdf:first "#construct-1";
>     rdf:rest [ rdf:first "#construct-2";
>                rdf:rest rdf:nil ]
>   ] .
>
> This is a recursive structure I fail to query fully with a single
> SPARQL query. As far as I know does SPARQL not support any recursion.
>
> Is there a way to execute a SPARQL query that lists all test cases in a
> given list?

I'd recommend querying for all tests that have rdf:type
mf:QueryEvaluationTest . (Actually, my test harness just queries for
things with an mf:name, which is semantically a bit questionable, but in
practice grabs all the tests.)

(You are correct that SPARQL does not provide for querying recursive
structures such as lists:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#accessingCollections )

Lee