Re: SPARQL Protocol: application/sparql-query requests

* Kendall Clark wrote:
>That text appears in an informative section of the document only (all
>the examples are marked as informative), so
>there is no implication whatever that posting SPARQL syntax docs is
>"a bad thing".
>
>There are several features or aspects of several examples that are
>not necessarily specified but are given so as to
>make the examples more realistic, or more reflective of best
>practice, etc. None of those are discussed explicitly
>because they are not germane to the specification normative sections.

I don't understand your response. I did not cite any specific text or
example of the specification; I am asking why using

  POST /sparql/ HTTP/1.1
  Host: www.example

is good, and using

  POST /sparql/ HTTP/1.1
  Host: www.example

is not so good. I said that this seems to be a bad thing because the
interface does not allow it and because "The queryHttpGet binding should
be used except in cases where the URL-encoded query exceeds practical
limits, in which case the queryHttpPost binding should be used." To be
yet more precise, why

   <operation ref="tns:query" wsdlx:safe="true" whttp:method="POST"
      whttp:inputSerialization="application/x-www-form-urlencoded,
                                application/xml" ...