bnode issue in new spec - impact on test cases?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:32:35 +0100
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Looking at the new spec, I see an issue:
'Should blank nodes be treated differently than variables in the query
pattern?'
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20061004/#entailmentFramework

(feel free to cut replies across to the public-sparql-dev list if more
appropriate)

Couple of points -
a)
I don't see a direct reference to a test case, beyond mention of example
7 in http://www.mindswap.org/2003/pellet/demo.shtml which I'll reproduce
below. It would be helpful if the WG's open issue could be articulated
in terms of a specific test case and different behaviours.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#entailmentFramework
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JulSep/0264.html
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JulSep/0048.html
...have some discussion, but I can find nothing as blunt as "here are
the results you'd get from an implemenetion of hte last spec, ... and
here are the results you'd get from an implementation of this one."

b)
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/ has a lot of mentions of
bnodes. Have all the relevant bnode-related test cases been updated to
fit with the new approach to bnodes? Did much change?

cheers,

Dan

data:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF
     xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
     xmlns:food="http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/guide-src/food#"
     xml:base="http://www.mindswap.org/test"

<owl:Ontology rdf:about="">
   <owl:imports
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/guide-src/food.owl"/>
</owl:Ontology>

<food:PastaWithLightCreamCourse rdf:about="#MyLunch"/>
<food:RedMeatCourse rdf:about="#MyDinner"/>

</rdf:RDF>

query:

PREFIX rdf:  <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX food: <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/guide-src/food#>