Error definition

From: <Faisal.Alkhateeb@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:33:52 +0200
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Hi,

While reading the last version of SPARQL, I am surprised with the following
definition. I don't know if the semantics of RDF (and consequently SPARQL) is
changed.

Definition: Triple Pattern

A triple pattern is member of the set:
    (RDF-T union V) x (I union V) x (RDF-T union V)

>From the above definition, the literals are allowed in the subject position.
However, they are not allowed in RDF. So, I want to know if it is a mistake or
not?

- For blanks in SPARQL, I want to know if they act as variables or not, that
is, if a blank can be mapped to any RDF term (or just to a resource)? I need
some explannation on that, because blanks = anonymous variables. What is a
resource? Is it a literal or an IRI or just an IRI?

- Is the case that blanks are not allowed in the predicate position?

Best regards,
Faisal Alkhateeb
Ph.d. student, INRIA Rhône-Alpes