Re: [OK?] Re: SPARQL: Error handling

On Jan 29, 2006, at 3:49 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>>> I looked at the conformance section for "SPARQL Protocol service"
>>> but
>>> that requires implementation of HTTP/SOAP bindings.
>>
>> Which part of the spec gives that impression? It's not supposed to.
>
> The protocol draft has

>   A conformant SPARQL Protocol service:
>     * must implement HTTP or SOAP bindings of query
>       in the way described in this document

Bjoern,

Yr "HTTP/SOAP" seems most obviously read as "HTTP and SOAP", while
the spec clearly says "HTTP or SOAP". Of course neither of these
applies to some kind of, say, IPC implementation. But I suspect some
local implementations will really just be HTTP implementations.

Cheers,
Kendall
--
You're part of the human race