Re: [OK?] Re: SPARQL: Error handling

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:03:55 -0500
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

On Jan 29, 2006, at 3:49 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>>> I looked at the conformance section for "SPARQL Protocol service"
>>> but
>>> that requires implementation of HTTP/SOAP bindings.
>> Which part of the spec gives that impression? It's not supposed to.
> The protocol draft has
>   A conformant SPARQL Protocol service:
>     * must implement HTTP or SOAP bindings of query
>       in the way described in this document

Yr "HTTP/SOAP" seems most obviously read as "HTTP and SOAP", while
the spec clearly says "HTTP or SOAP". Of course neither of these
applies to some kind of, say, IPC implementation. But I suspect some
local implementations will really just be HTTP implementations.

You're part of the human race
All of the stars and the outer space
Part of the system again