Test case w/unsupported datatypes

From: Geoff Chappell <gchappell@intellidimension.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:39:38 -0400
To: <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>

I'm working through the testcases and wondering about this test case:

which tests the decision that opaque types can not be tested for != . I
understand the intent, but wonder how that is justified given the definition
of A != B as fn:not(RDFterm-equal(A, B))? I guess A != B is in fact
something like:

	if A and B are literals of unsupported type
		A != B is false
		A != B is fn:not(RDFterm-equal(A, B))?

Is that right? Some clarification of this in the docs would be good if so.

FWIW, I think it would have been a better decision to say that RDFterm-equal
of unsupported datatypes is a type exception if the lexical values aren't
the same (and so != would be as well).