Re: [OK?]Re: SPARQL Protocol: inconsistent parameter names

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:35:18 -0400
To: Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman@aduna.biz>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 05:25:59PM +0200, Arjohn Kampman wrote:
> Kendall Clark wrote:

> However, the change from "sparql-query" to "query" raises another issue:
> a query request now contains two "query" tags, one for the query itself
> and one for the containing element. Granted, these tags are in different
> namespaces, but I find this confusing nonetheless.

So yr point is that it's correct, and will work, but isn't very elegant.
Hmm, I guess I sorta agree. I'll get back to you with another answer. We
just went to LC on the protocol spec, and I don't believe I can change
anything here unilaterally.

> It would help if the containing element would be renamed to something
> like "query-request", which reflects that it is the counterpart of the
> "query-response" element.

Well, it's "query-result" not "query-response", but I take yr point.

Cheers,
Kendall