Re: [OK?]Re: SPARQL Protocol: inconsistent parameter names

From: Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman@aduna.biz>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:25:59 +0200
To: kendall@monkeyfist.com
CC: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Kendall Clark wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 03:32:53PM +0200, Arjohn Kampman wrote:
>
>>Both the latest WD and the current editor's working copy specify a
>>parameter/element 'sparql-query' for the actual query in the abstract
>>protocol and the SOAP bindings. For the HTTP bindings, however, this
>>parameter is consistently named 'query'. Is this allowed in WSDL and is
>>this inconsistency intentional?
>

> Arjohn,
>
> As of the latest version of the editor's draft (1.68) at
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/
>
> this inconsistency has been resolved.
>
> Does this response satisfy your concerns?

It does.

However, the change from "sparql-query" to "query" raises another issue:
a query request now contains two "query" tags, one for the query itself
and one for the containing element. Granted, these tags are in different
namespaces, but I find this confusing nonetheless.

It would help if the containing element would be renamed to something
like "query-request", which reflects that it is the counterpart of the
"query-response" element.

Cheers,

Arjohn