Re: SPARQL: External storage of queries (issues#queryMimeType) [OK?]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:56:31 -0500
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Regarding your comment of 13 Jul 2004
[[
Considering that queries likely get rather lengthy due to long URIs
and such, I would certainly favour the possibility of externally stored
queries and would thus propose it as a use case which then motivates a
Requirement to register a new MIME type for the query language and
unless the syntax is XML-based to sort out character encoding issues.

For the latter I would then encourage the Working Group to avoid
allowing any other character encoding than UTF-8 just like Notation3
did so far, with the exception that I would further encourage you to
allow such a document to start with a byte order mark.
]]
 -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2004Jul/0001

As I mentioned earlier, we added an issue to our issues list
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#queryMimeType

We added a media type section to the query language document...
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#mediaType

As of v 1.474, the WG decided it addresses the issue.

Please let us know if this addresses your comment to your satisfaction.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E